Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Iron Realms Credit Card from the Delos Credit Union?

fake credit card
The above is an example of my digital art and photo manipulation work.
Email me for more information.

While in Game Stop last weekend I overheard two store employees discussing the Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer. Despite being completely hooked on and spending most of my time in the addicting games produced by Iron Realms, even I recognized the name of this rather epic piece of weaponry. What caught my attention was this -- the point of their discussion wasn’t how much damage it could do in real life or how it might benefit soldiers in times of real war, but how much it would cost in ... Pokemon dollars.
I know, right? I thought the same thing! If it could be purchased in Pokemon dollars, why couldn’t it be purchased in online currency such as Iron Realms credits? On the drive home, everything I saw had me considering a credit to dollar exchange rate. How much would fast food cost in credits? Or my favorite pizza? Or even some big-ticket items like a new computer...or a new car! Once home, I immediately pulled my laptop from hibernation mode and visited the page detailing credit purchases for Iron Realms games, then worked out the exchange. The mean price for one credit, using all available packages on the website, is about thirty-five cents.
Iron Realms Credit Card
Given the exchange, a glass of sweet tea from the McDonald’s dollar menu would run about three credits. Know what that means? My typical lunch of a McChicken sandwich, iced tea, and a dollar fries would cost roughly nine credits. I could bash up the gold to buy lunch every day with no problem! And if I wanted to splurge and get a large Pepperoni Lover’s pie from Pizza Hut, it would cost around 29cr. Not too shabby, especially if splitting the cost with friends.
Create a Character
The above is an example of my technical artwork. Email me for more information.
I admit to being hooked on these addicting games, but polling players from all five of the ones produced by Iron Realms showed that I’m not alone. Each one of them agreed that if the option existed, playing an online game for the purpose of buying things in real life would only make them want to play more! Here is the exchange rate breakdown of some other items, based on what other players said they’d purchase if credits were a legitimate commodity for real life. (You’ll find prices rounded up to the nearest whole monetary unit.)
As you can see from the list, some of the items are practical, while others would take ages to save up for, regardless of the commodity used to buy them. In a perfect world, people who play the addicting games from Iron Realms would be able to use in-game gold and credits to play for whatever they desired in real life. I certainly wouldn’t mind it! Until my dream of a wifi connection that spreads to the furthest reaches of a private island comes true, you’ll find me bashing up a stockpile of credits in my favorite addicting game from Iron Realms. Hope to see you there!

Written by: Becky James as Penelope Swain.
Edited by: Tony Celentano

Read the original publication of this article and more like it on the Iron Realms website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!