Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tastefully Tuesday - Chili Cupcakes

I know, right? They sound disgustingly delicious. This is actually a recipe that we haven't tried yet, but found online. We'll be creating them for NFL Day, which occurs every Sunday afternoon from early September-ish until late January-ish.

The recipe I'm using is very easy. It involves pressing biscuit dough (pre-portioned from the can, because we all know I don't cook) into a muffin tin, topping it with an ice cream scoop full of chili and a sprinkling of shredded cheddar, and then baking until the biscuits are golden brown around the edges and the cheese is just melty enough. Top them with yummy extras like sour cream, crumbled corn chips or nachos, more cheese, onions, or even a jalapeno pepper.

I'm pretty excited about it. Here are some pictures I found online, and one even uses wanton wrappers which might come in handy for my friend Dawn of Dragonflies@Dawn fame. And if it doesn't, I'm sure she'll offer up a tasty alternative in the comments section.




1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking Bob's Red Mill Gluten free corn bread mix. Granted, I think that a lot, and so does my second minion. None the less, I think it would work in this concoction.
    If you have a large muffin pan, pour in about 1/2 a muffin hole full of corn bread mix and make a hole for the chili.
    Bake until you have cornbread muffins of serious noms and top with whatever you like. For me it's Daiya cheddar shreds with jalapenos and leek (because I still have some).

    And suddenly, I'm starving... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!