Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrifty Thursday - The Eyes Have It

These shoes cost $1600. Eye kid you not.
The Fireman and I have a deal - I won't buy any shoes that cost more than a house payment. $1600 is about four times our house payment, so this pair is something I won't be purchasing unless we hit the lotto. In the meantime, I can make my own!


Just take your favorite pair of black pumps, some randomly sized googly eyes, and some E-6000 glue. (That stuff is fairly awesome in the strength category.) then go to town, gluing the eyes to the shoe.


Be creative! And why limit yourself to shoes? Hair clips, bangles, eye glasses - they call can be improved with a few googly eyes.


Your ensemble isn't complete if your nails aren't accessorized accordingly.


Can you imagine this on a black pleather motorcycle jacket? Neat!


Everyone will be eye-ing your new look. Can you think of other fun items? Have you had any success with adding googly eyes to your unique fashions? I'd love to hear about in the comments section below.

Stay thrifty!
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I'd make more of a comment, but I'm off to the thrift store and Michaels for black pumps and googly eyes! Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!